Existing Business Support
The Existing Business Support Program is an economic development strategy for our community that focuses on businesses that are already here, employing our residents and contributing to the Springfield Region’s economic health. The program provides companies with a single point of entry to a variety of business assistance resources. Through the Existing Business Support Program, companies get access to many organizations and benefits to help them grow their businesses and create jobs.
Download printable brochure.
Types of Assistance
- Tax credits
- Economic development incentives
- Workforce training and financial assistance
- Utilities, energy audits, and infrastructure
- Interacting with local, state, and federal government
- Import-export assistance and international business development
- Expansion project assistance
- Legislative and public affairs
- Business and management consulting
- Networking and business development
- Business planning
- Finding grant opportunities
- Intern programs
Benefits to Your Company
- You have a single point of contact that will work with you through the entire process
- No hassle to participate – we do the legwork
- Access the combined resources of many organizations working together
- Take advantage of business support programs that can help you improve your bottom line, grow, and create jobs
- There is no cost to businesses to work with the Existing Business Support Team
- Find solutions to your business challenges
- You’ll meet with a representative from our Existing Business Support Team for about an hour to identify the challenges and opportunities that your business is facing. The meeting is confidential between your company’s leadership and our economic developers, who will ask about a variety of topics including industry trends, workforce, legislative and government affairs, community services and infrastructure, current operations, and future planning.
- Based on that initial conversation, we will coordinate with the organizations and agencies that can resolve issues and open doors to financial incentives, business support, and other programs.
- You will have a designated “customer service representative” that will work directly with your company throughout the process. We work on your behalf, so you can focus on running your business